In Hackney and Stoke Newington
Clapton Park Methodist Church
Minister: Rev Hazel Forecast, email@example.com 020 8806 5001
Contact: Church Steward - Eunice Whyte, 07794 171812
Address: 99 Chatsworth Road, Clapton Park, London E5 0LH
Sunday: 11.00am every Sunday. Holy Communion is normally celebrated on the second Sunday of the month.
Clapton Park Methodist Church is a traditional community, particularly from the Caribbean and west Africa. Its premises are widely used, including by 3 other churches. It is glad to be ‘home’ to an after-school project offering a safe, fun space for young children.
Bible Study Tuesdays 5.00-6.30pm, contact 07794 171812
Chats Lunch Club: Thursdays 11.00am-2.30pm, including one hour keep fit 11.30am and a hot Caribbean meal (£5.00 members, £7.00 visitors). Contact 07802 837207.
After-school club: Mondays and Wednesdays 3.30-5.30pm. Contact: : 07814 571016.
Monthly midweek Holy Communion – normally the 1st Wednesday of the month, 9.30-10.15am, followed by tea/coffee
Monthly prayer meeting, normally the last Friday of the month, 10-11am
NB next Prayer Meeting will be on Friday 1st November
Large hall with stage; contact 07790 247079.
Sunday 27th October, 11am – Memorial service for those who have died.
We are here as Methodists in this part of Hackney:
- To be active disciples of Jesus Christ
- To proclaim the Gospel and present the new life in Christ
- To be united in Christ, sharing together and stretching each other in faith and understanding
- To work together as brothers and sisters with love and care in Christ, welcoming those others may have turned away
- To work in unity to bring forth Jesus’ work in helping those in need
- To show support to the community and encourage wholeness of life
- To motivate new people in the church and create awareness of our purpose in Christ
- To worship, study the Bible and pray, and encourage others to do so
To deepen understanding and unity with other denominations as part of our witness and service