In Hackney and Stoke Newington
Stoke Newington Methodist Church (High Street)
Minister: Rev Dr Paulo Bessa da Silva email@example.com 07736 955808
Contact: Church Steward: 07985 463211
Address: 106a High Street, Stoke Newington, London N16 7NY
Sunday: 11.00am every Sunday. Holy Communion is celebrated on the first Sunday of the month, alternating between the two venues (High Street and Green Lanes). On other Sundays of the month, worship takes place at both venues.
Stoke Newington Methodist Church is one community worshipping and seeking to make a positive difference for the community from both its buildings.
The newly-rebuilt High Street church has a very visible, welcoming presence and is used by many people, both dropping into the Listening Place and taking part in the many groups based here. A Monkey Puzzle nursery is on the upper floors.
Worship in December – at 11am
4th December we will join the congregation at Green Lanes
11th December led by Icilda Lynch
18th December led by Rev John Sakutombo – This is a change from the original plan
25th December will be a Circuit Service at Hackney Mare Street led by the Circuit Staff
Church Bank Details
You can make your offering either in church or by using these details:
Sort Code: 40-52-40
Account Number: 00032056
Please make a note of the date and amount paid into the account so that this can be allocated to your envelope number.
If you are not able to pay contributions to the church using this method, please speak to Clord, the church treasurer, or call the Circuit Administrator, Helen Cornick on 07736 972202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Listening Place (a drop-in for local vulnerable people): This is open to all as a Warm Space Tuesdays at High Street venue, 11am-2pm, contact: 07736 955808
Wednesdays at Green Lanes venue, 11am-2pm, contact: 07736 955808
Tuesdays 1pm Prayers – Come and join us for 20 – 30 minutes each week
Choir practice Fridays (occasional), 5pm (venue varies) Contact – Circuit Administrator 07736 972202 or email@example.com
Brazilian Fellowship – Saturdays once a month – Contact 07736 955808
Medium-sized hall with terrace and kitchen (evenings and weekends only);
Contact: 07984 227036
Through our common life – rooted in our shared identity as Methodists – we seek:
- To celebrate and affirm the presence of God through our life of worship, service and caring;
- To look outwards into the world;
- To work wherever possible in partnership with others;
- To equip ourselves to engage with local civic networks, other churches and faith communities, community groups and individuals;
- To act with integrity and to always offer the best of ourselves;
- To offer to all people the love, peace and justice which is at the heart of the gospel of Jesus Christ:
- Our guiding principles flow from this gospel.
- To accept and not judge
- To welcome and not exclude
- To unite and not divide
- To listen as well as to speak
- To learn as well as to teach
- To give as well as to receive
In all things, to love God and to love our neighbour.
Click to enlarge: