In Hackney and Stoke Newington
Stoke Newington Methodist Church (High Street)
Minister: Rev Paulo Bessa da Silva firstname.lastname@example.org 07736 955808
Contact: Church Stewardt: 07985 463211
Address: 106a High Street, Stoke Newington, London N16 7NY
Sunday: 11.00am every Sunday. Holy Communion is celebrated on the first Sunday of the month, alternating between the two venues (High Street and Green Lanes). On other Sundays of the month, worship takes place at both venues.
Stoke Newington Methodist Church is one community worshipping and seeking to make a positive difference for the community from both its buildings.
The newly-rebuilt High Street church has a very visible, welcoming presence and is used by many people, both dropping into the Listening Place and taking part in the many groups based here. A Monkey Puzzle nursery is on the upper floors.
Church Bank Details
While we are not able to meet in our church building, the church still has expenses to pay. You can make your offering using these details:
Sort Code: 40-52-40
Account Number: 00032056
Please make a note of the date and amount paid into the account so that this can be allocated to your envelope number when we return to the church building.
If you are not able to pay contributions to the church using this method, please speak to Clord, the church treasurer, or call the Circuit Administrator, Helen Cornick on 07736 972202 or email email@example.com
Listening Place (a drop-in for local vulnerable people):
Tuesdays & Thursdays at High Street venue, 11am-2pm, Contact: 020 7254 1488;
Wednesdays at Green Lanes venue, 10am-12 noon, contact: 020 7254 0158.
Bread Church at Green Lanes venue – making and baking bread together, with informal fellowship and worship. Usually 10am-1pm on the 3rd Saturday of the month. But next Bread Church will be on 26th October. Contact: 07946 540560
Choir practice Fridays, 5pm (venue varies)
Prayer Meeting at Green Lanes venue – Fridays 7pm. Contact: 07474 385528.
D.I.Y. Drop-in Prayer Session at High Street venue – Thursdays, 2.30-4.30pm.
Bible Study Group – 7-8.30pm at High Street venue on 1st, 2nd and 3rd Wednesdays of each month. Contact: 07984 763351.
Medium-sized hall with terrace and kitchen (evenings and weekends only);
Contact: 020 7254 1488
Through our common life – rooted in our shared identity as Methodists – we seek:
- To celebrate and affirm the presence of God through our life of worship, service and caring;
- To look outwards into the world;
- To work wherever possible in partnership with others;
- To equip ourselves to engage with local civic networks, other churches and faith communities, community groups and individuals;
- To act with integrity and to always offer the best of ourselves;
- To offer to all people the love, peace and justice which is at the heart of the gospel of Jesus Christ:
- Our guiding principles flow from this gospel.
- To accept and not judge
- To welcome and not exclude
- To unite and not divide
- To listen as well as to speak
- To learn as well as to teach
- To give as well as to receive
In all things, to love God and to love our neighbour.
Click to enlarge: